”Tis the season of rain. This is the time of year where Mother Nature can’t decide if she wants to give us snow or rain, but recently its been a lot of rain. Here are some cute ideas to look stylish while out in the water 💦
Any makeup junkie out there knows that peach and orange have been making a comeback in the makeup world, it’s the new ‘IT’ color Of 2017. I am personally excited because I think these colors are beautiful and look great on all skin tones – plus, it’s getting me excited for spring and warmer weather! Below are some of the best ways to wear the trend and some the blushes/lipsticks I love in these gorgeous shades.
Try it monochrome:
1. Too Faced Baby Love and Love Hangover. The first one is a perfect peachy/nude shade and the second one is more of a subtle orange. Both are great for everyday ad brighten up your face. Find them here.
2. This is my favorite lipstick shade to wear in the summer because it’s so bright! Plus it’s matte which I love. MAC special edition Toledo collection orange shade. There is no link included for this one because the collection is no longer available on the MAC website, but I’m sure you can Google it and find it elsewhere.
3. This is a great everyday lipstick, it’s more of a gloss but it’s not too glossy. It’s also the perfect mix between peach and coral. Naughty by Flirt! Same with this one, no link because they no longer have it on their website, but I’m sure you can find it elsewhere.
I hope everyone’s week has been great! Although February is still a very cold month, it’s one month closer to spring – which makes it one month closer to being able to rock spring clothes, yay! Scroll down below to see what you should still wear this month.
1. Checkered / Plaid Blazer
This is the perfect transition piece – you can layer it with turtle-necks, sweaters, t-shirts and tanks. Personalize and style it to make it your own!
2. Red Bag
A red bag is such a statement piece. Plus, it’s fashionable for all 4 seasons 🎒
3. Lightweight sneakers
Cute and light weight sneakers are the new go-to item. You can dress them down and looks sporty chic or pair them with a dress for a dressier casual look. Everyone needs a pair.
4. Chocker Necklace
Yes, chokers are still in for spring. Not only are they cute and go with literally everything, but there’s so many different styles too.
5. Laceup Boots
I know there is only a few weeks of winter left, but laceup boots are a personal fav of mine. They also go with almost everything too; dresses, shorts, pants, you name it. Keep them out a little longer ladies.
Saddle bags are some of the most convenient bags; you can adjust the strap to your liking and wear them as a shoulder bag or crossbody. I suggest finding a neutral leather bag that will match with everything and last you forever ~
Hey girlies! I hope everyone’s new year has been great and everyone are is beginning to get settled into 2017 – I know I barely am lol. I wanted to do a post about achieving great brows in 5 minutes because I get a lot of questions on how I do mine. I do pluck my own eyebrows. I’ve only ever gotten them waxed once and threaded once. It does take time and practice but I save a lot of money. Doing my brows is something I take time to do every morning, along with a lot of other women – except that small percent of women out there that have flawless, effortless eyebrows – we all wish we were you. Below is a photo of my done up brows ??
There are obviously a lot of brow products out there, so finding the right one can be daunting. This is the one I currently use and that I really like: Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW Pomade. It’s a great product, it lasts all day and a little goes a long way so you really do get your monies worth. The only thing with brow pomade’s is that you also have to buy a brush seperatly to apply it, and it also takes time and practice to perfect applying a perfect brow. Here is the inexpensive brush I use: e.l.f. Cosmetics Small Angled Makeup Brush. On top of this, I also use a clear gel atop my eyebrows so that the makeup stays in place. Here is what I use: Essence Lash & Brow Gel Mascara. Below are photos of the products ??
So there you go ladies, my secret to great and quick brows! Let me know if you have any questions or comments in the comment area!
As faithful Kellie’s Consignment’s shoppers, we are always getting a deal. However, there is a time when you can score a deal at regular shopping outlets as well. I went to a couple of different trustable news and blog outlets ( money.usnews.com and Whowhatwear.com ) and complied a handy list of when the best times are to by certain things such as jewelry, swim suits and even pajamas.
Keep staying fashionable while on a budget, Kellie’s girls 😉
January – Suits
February – Jewelry
March – Luggage
April – Beauty Products , Raincoats
May – Spring Clothing, Athletic Wear
June – Lingerie
September – Sunglasses
October – Denim
November – Luxury Items, Pajamas, Sneakers
Hi Kellie’s shoppers! I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday season and new year, I know I did 🙂 Let us know what you wore in our comment section!
Everyone has used or at least heard the term “New year new me.” So I wanted to make this post about not necessarily starting a new wardrobe, but just giving it a new year makeover. Here are some ideas to help get you started:
1. Spring clean early
We all have have clothes in our closets that have not been worn in months or maybe even (eek), years. Start off there; go through your clothes and sort out what hasn’t been worn in a long time because lets be real, it will probably continue to not be worn for a long time. Plus, you can always make some extra cash by bringing it into Kellies!
2. Get organized
After you’ve removed all the clothes that doesn’t need to be there anymore, organize what is staying. This is a great way to not only know what you do have, but it also makes it easier to pick out your clothes every morning.
3. Check your basics
This is something women don’t really think about but is actually pretty important. Basics are the basis to any wardrobe, they’re what you wear the most. Go through your jeans, basic leggings, tees and tank tops that you wear all the time. We tend to not notice that they are not the same color anymore, have a hole or just look plain old because we’re used to wearing them all the time. So, out with the old and in with the new – time to shop for some new basics if they’re past their due date.
4. Figure out your current style / Research trends
What has changed about your style in the past year? What’s a trend you’ve been wanting to try? For example I’ve recently noticed that I tend to gravitate towards the same color palette when it comes to clothes, so I decided that’s what I want to focus on this year, finding cool styles in my favorite colors.
Research fashion trends for 2017 too, this way you can stay up to date with styles and see how you can incorporate what you already have in your wardrobe into new trends.
5. Go shopping!
Pretty sure this is what you all were waiting to hear lol! Yes it’s okay to go shopping for new clothes! 2017 is all about starting fresh and showing the world who you are.
I hope this helps everyone kick start their wardrobe and style for 2017. Lets us know in the comments if this helped and what fashion changes you’re making this year! <3
Can you all believe the holiday season came upon us so soon? I am personally not prepared with gifts for everyone on my list, so I have been researching cute and affordable DIY (Do It Yourself) gifts to give my friends and family. Gifts made from the heart are always more special and let you show your creative side. Below are some ideas, please comment with any ideas you want to share!
1. Cork Coaters
This cheap and simple DIY gift is perfect for any friend. Customize it to whatever design and color they would like best. Have fun and try unconventional shapes too.
2. Map Photo Frame
Perfect for the traveler friend, or for a friend you’ve taken a fun trip with. Learn how to make them here.
3. Jewelry Box
For the fashion forward friend with tons of jewelry! Super easy to make, simply find your favorite box shape and colors and paint away. Add a design or initials to make it extra special.
4. Sharpie Mug
Probably the easiest DIY project on the list, the sharpie mug is great for anyone: a friend, a boyfriend, a sibling or a parent. Decorate it according to the person receiving it and customize however! Every time they use it to have their morning cup of coffee they’ll think of you 😉
5. Picture Magnets
I’ve made these before as gifts and they’re always a hit. Find out how to make them here.
6. DIY Trendy Rings
These are fun for a younger sibling, niece or cousin. You can find the ring bases at any craft store,they adjust to size so they’re perfect for any one. Pick your favorite pieces to glue on and have fun!
Happy December everyone! Is time flying by for you guys too or just me? I still can’t believe November is over and Christmas is now around the corner. With that being said, I want to make sure you guys are looking extra fabulous this holiday season. I know I have not posted a fashion post in a while, so I wanted to show some of my favorite holiday looks. Enjoy and be inspired! <3
The Classic Peacoat & The Girly Beanie, wear them apart or wear them together
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and got some Black Friday shopping in at Kellie’s! The holiday’s are a great time to remember what we are thankful for, but it’s also important to keep remembering this after the holiday season as well.
First of all, most people, including myself, know we live pretty great lives. The world is full of pain, suffering, hardships, disappointments and regrets, so the fact that most of us can actually say that we are thankful and mean it, is already a big deal.
With this being said, I just wanted to remind you all that yes, it is great to be thankful during the holiday season, but it is also important to remember these things all of the other days of the year. In case you can’t think of any reasons, below are reasons I am the most thankful for; I hope these inspire you! <3
- I am thankful for my health: even if you don’t have “perfect” health, be thankful you are alive.
- I am thankful for having a job: in a country where thousands still suffer from unemployment, I am thankful I can make a living by working.
- I am thankful for having three meals a day: since there are still countries out there where people are dying of starvation.
- I am thankful for having the opportunity to go to college: because education is so important and so many people do not have the opportunity to attend.
- I am thankful for my boyfriend: who helps keep me calm when I am stressed out and for bringing out the best in me.
What are you thankful for? Let us know in the comments!
1. Work on a side project
- Most people have various projects they work on outside of work. It can be anything really, from reading for a book club, reading for pleasure, filling out paper work, making business phone calls, working on a blog post (like I do) or setting appointments – the list of side projects to do is usually very long or never ending. Crank out some of these tedious tasks during lunch so you don’t have to worry about them later.
2. Pay bills
- A lot of us sit in front of a computer at work, or at least have access to one. Use this time to take care of some bills.
3. Catch up with a friend or loved one
- Schedule a lunch date with a friend or loved one or even a co-worker you don’t get to see very often. It’ll distract you from what’s going on at work and let you see someone you actually want to spend time with without having to cut into your limited time outside of work. This can also be a phone call. I usually call my mom and dad or boyfriend during my lunch because I know I’ll be busy later or forget.
4. Get outside
- If you work in an office like I do where you are sitting most of the day, you know getting outside and getting some walking in is extremely refreshing. Plus, it’s good for your health. Fresh air is always a plus when you’re inside most of the day.
- A lot of companies now offer space for people to meditate. If yours does not, find a place where you can be alone for a short period of time and meditate. Trust me, this sounds a little odd but it really does make a difference. Sit in silence and let go of whatever worries or issues you had that morning, and make sure they don’t follow you into your afternoon.
6. Get a quick workout in
- People sometimes laugh at me when I suggest this but it is extremely possible. Most companies now have gyms in their buildings where employees can workout. If not, find a gym nearby where you can get a quick 20-30 minute workout in. You shouldn’t have to compromise your health for your job. A good tip is to keep a pair of gym shoes at work. You have no excuses now!
7. Run errands
- I do this a lot, especially since I work close to a lot of different places like CVS and the post office. I take advantage of this and run errands on my lunch, like dropping off mail or going to buy some things I may need for my home.
8. See your, doctor, dentist, chiropractor, etc.
- Most health related offices close at 5:00pm, which is also the time most people get out of work. Schedule your appointments during your lunch, it’ll save you from having to use sick days or time off.